There are so many health benefits to eating clean and cutting out processed foods. And there is nothing better than the flavor of fresh veggies. They’re so good for our bodies and so good for our environment. With this fajita recipe from 100 Days of Real Food, you may not even realize you’re eating healthy!
- 4 bell peppers (green, red, or yellow), sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- ½ pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Serrano peppers, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or other cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons Emeril’s Essence, or similar seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Whole-wheat flour tortillas, warmed
- Grated cheese
- Diced tomatoes
- Pico de gallo or salsa
- Freshly sliced avocado
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges
Heat the 2 tablespoons of oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
Once the oil is hot toss in the sliced onions and bell peppers.
While those are cooking mix together the spices with the juice of 1 lime and 2 tablespoons of melted butter in a small bowl.
Once the peppers and onions are starting to brown add the mushrooms and spice mixture. Cook for 3 to 5 more minutes and then serve with warm tortillas and other toppings of your choice.