- 4 bell peppers (green, red, or yellow), sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- ½ pound mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Serrano peppers, finely chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or other cooking oil
- 2 teaspoons Emeril’s Essence, or similar seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Whole-wheat flour tortillas, warmed
- Grated cheese
- Diced tomatoes
- Pico de gallo or salsa
- Freshly sliced avocado
- Sour cream
- Lime wedges
Heat the 2 tablespoons of oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
Once the oil is hot toss in the sliced onions and bell peppers.
While those are cooking mix together the spices with the juice of 1 lime and 2 tablespoons of melted butter in a small bowl.
Once the peppers and onions are starting to brown add the mushrooms and spice mixture. Cook for 3 to 5 more minutes and then serve with warm tortillas and other toppings of your choice.